Friday, August 16, 2013

YOU DIDN'T BUY THE "USELESS PLASTIC BOX 1.2" I HOPE

In case you haven't seen it, a street artist went into some Best Buy stores in LA and put a black plastic box on the shelves with a $99.00 price tag and called it "Useless Plastic Box". This was supposed to be some kind of social commentary on the consumerism. Believe me, I totally understand and get the message. I've got a basement that is full of now useless plastic boxes: a ZIP drive, minidisc recorder, 1st generation iPod (the wife's from before we were married), an old PC with Windows 98 on it, a bunch of 3.25" floppy disks, cassette tapes, and VHS tapes to name a few. And I'd be lying if I said I didn't have my eye on the Samsung Galaxy Gear watch.

One of the hopes I have for this blog is to check out as many of these plastic boxes as I can and tell you which ones are useless, which are cool to play with, and which ones can actually make your job easier. The practice of law is time consuming enough without wasting time trying out pointless technology. As I constantly preach in our office, if it doesn't make your job easier, it's not worth messing with.

No comments:

Post a Comment