Thursday, September 11, 2014

If I Had an iPhone, Would I Buy The Apple Watch?

I'm a Google/Android fan. I don't have an iPhone, and I doubt I ever will unless it is to create apps for it. I never see myself using a Mac as my personal, go-to computer. That doesn't mean I don't follow what Apple is up to. I'll be honest, I think a lot of Apple's products are aesthetically pleasing, and I can understand why some people go that route.

I've got a Samsung Gear Live watch. I've looked at the Apple Watch, and I couldn't help asking myself: would I buy one of those? The specs that have been released look good, and the crown looks intriguing. I'd trade its charging method over the Samsung method in a heartbeat. The speaker could be a plus.

It looks like it would be great to have. Yet, the one thing I can't over is the price. CNET has it listed as $349.00. That's $150.00 more than I paid for the Samsung Gear, and almost twice as much as what you would pay for the LG G Watch right now. In fact, it is the same price as the Nexus 5 phone.

I'm sorry, I just can't justify it. I'm not sure I could shell out $350.00 for a watch, that, let's face it, in a year or two you're going to be itching to replace with a newer model.

No comments:

Post a Comment