Monday, September 22, 2014

Quickly Choose from Multiple Signatures in Outlook

Like most people who use Outlook, or any email client really, I have a stock signature that gets added to every email that I send. It basically has the entirety of my contact information on it – name, address, telephone number, fax, email.

But, what if I don’t want to clutter up a particular email message with all of that? Maybe it’s the third email from me in a lengthy string and everyone already has that information. Instead, I just want my name and company in the signature block. Or, suppose I regularly send emails on behalf of a particular client and I want the recipient to know that I’m sending an email on that client’s behalf.

To do this, I created what I call my short signature, which is just my name and who I work for. Now that I’ve created it, I’ve got to be able to use it when I want to.

I have two easy options. One, in the Ribbon, I can go to the “include” group and click on signature and choose my short signature.



The other option is to simply right click on my signature in the open email. This pulls up a menu that lists my signatures and I can quickly choose from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment