Thursday, May 22, 2014

GOOGLE NOW CAN SET A TIMER, FINALLY

As you know, I'm a huge fan of the Android operating system and Google in general. In particular, I love Google Now. The cards telling me about traffic issues, keeping me up to date when websites I frequent are updated, and reminding me of where I parked are great. But, one of my (many) other hobbies is cooking and smoking meat.

In the past, I would tell Google Now to set a timer for 15 minutes, and it would actually set an alarm for 15 minutes in the future. Fine, it worked, but it wasn't really a timer. Moreover, as a result of setting all of these alarms, my list of alarms in the clock app would be incredibly lengthy.

Now, when you ask Google Now to set a timer, it actually does just that. It uses the clock's timer feature and sets the timer through that.

Yes, this might seem like a minor thing. But, for me, and I'm sure for others, this is a very welcome change. And more to the point, it makes me happy to see Google constantly trying to improve what they do.

H/T Droid Lawyer

No comments:

Post a Comment