Monday, July 28, 2014

AN ANDROID TABLET AND PAPYRUS MAKE NOTE TAKING EASIER

I have an older Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 that I have been trying to incorporate into my practice more. One of the things I have wanted to be able to do with it is use it to take handwritten notes and store them in my case management system.

The benefit: anywhere I am, my notes are available, even if I don't have my tablet with me since my case management system can be accessed remotely.

I have been using an app called Papyrus (free and upgrade available) to do this recently, and I have to say that I am pleased with the results.

Papyrus offers a very simple method for note taking in that it can show you various types of paper. For me, I choose the wide ruled, letter sized paper, so that I have lines to help my writing stay straight. I have such terrible handwriting to begin with that the wide ruled is actually helpful to me.

The results of the handwriting in Papyrus are not exactly as smooth as using pen and ink, but it isn't bad by any stretch. Again, some of the sloppiness could just be a result of my bad handwriting, though.

It allows the use of various colored inks as well as pen styles and widths. An undo button makes clearing mistakes quick and easy, and an eraser is available for more extensive errors.

What I like best about it is that you can quickly email a copy of all of the notes you have taken in .PDF format. And the printed out results are easy to read.

If you're looking for a note-taking app to try to become more paperless, I would give Papyrus a try.

1 comment:

  1. I have wanted to be able to do with it is use it to take handwritten notes and store them in my case management system. best tablets under ​£100

    ReplyDelete