Wednesday, March 19, 2014

LET CAMCARD ORGANIZE YOUR BUSINESS CARDS

It seems that I am constantly trading business cards with other attorneys, social welfare agencies, and just random people. I think it is something that goes with practicing law. However, keeping all of them organized and usable has been a challenge to say the least. So, I've been trying out different Android apps to see if any of them could help.

Today, I want to talk about CamCard. CamCard, which offers a free and paid version, allows you to take pictures of your business cards, both front and back, and it stores the image for you. It then reads the information from the image and creates a contact based upon what it read on the card.

This reading of the information is not perfect, though the simpler the card is, the more accurate the result. In fact, I've had a number of cards where I didn't have to make any corrections at all.

One of the things I truly love about CamCard is its ability to sync across platforms. I can save the resulting contact information in my phone's contacts, as well as having it sync with my Microsoft Exchange account. Additionally, since the information is backed up to CamCard's website, I can access the information from any computer connected to the internet.

I'd highly suggest you give CamCard a try if you are looking for a good way of organizing your business cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment