Wednesday, January 8, 2014

LET TRIGGER ADJUST YOUR PHONE FOR YOU

In a prior post, I had explained how you could use an app called NFC Task Launcher to program and read NFC tags on your phone. That app, which is now called Trigger, has other uses as well.

I have been using Trigger for several months now not only for programming NFC tags, but also to adjust my phone's ringer and notification settings based on what wi-fi network I am on, and if you purchase the full version, you can even have changes occur based on your GPS location.

As an example of how I use it, when I connect to my home's wi-fi network, Trigger turns my phone's ringer and notification setting to a mid-volume setting, turns the media volume up higher, and disable's driving mode. It also can change the ring tone and notification tone.

I have a different setting for when I connect to my office's wi-fi that turns the ringer and notification volumes down and turns the media volume completely off.

And where I am able to connect to a court's open wireless network, I have it programmed to turn all of the volumes off in case I forgot to when I enter the court.

I also have it set to automatically adjust my settings once I disconnect from any of those networks.

In addition to adjusting settings based upon your wi-fi location, the free version also allows triggers based upon your connection to a bluetooth device or by NFC tag.

In the premium version, battery status, time of day, whether you are charging your phone, presence of a headset, and GPS location can all act as triggers.

I highly recommend anyone with an android phone get at least the free version of Trigger for their phones. I have found it an amazing time saver in terms of making sure my volume settings are always appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment