Tuesday, January 28, 2014

TAKE A PROGRAMMING CLASS

Light blogging over the next few days while my wife and I welcome our newest child into our home. He was born yesterday morning and everyone is doing well.

In the meantime, I would encourage everyone to learn at least a little about computer programming. I'm taking a few classes now, and while I have some background, I'm learning a lot. I think one of the things that law school does is to teach you to think differently than what you might have been taught elsewhere. For me, learning to code requires a very systematic way of thinking. One where you need to take large ideas and break them down to their smallest components. This way of thinking has obvious parallels to the practice of law.

So even if you don't want to write computer programs or design websites, I'd encourage everyone to take a course. For example, I'm taking a course on Java as well as a course on the Android operating system.

No comments:

Post a Comment