Thursday, January 16, 2014

GOOGLE NOW FINALLY ON THE DESKTOP... SORTA

I've previously discussed how much I like Google Now on my smart phone. Having useful information contained in the Now cards at my fingertips is something I like. And I don't mind that it knows all there is to know about me. I like it popping up notifications that packages have been shipped and reminding me of hearings.

Up until now, it has only been available for the phone; you could not get your cards on the desktop. As of today, those using Chrome Canary can see their Google Now cards on their desktops. Ars Technica has instructions for turning them on here.

It might still be a while before this feature comes to the stable version of Chrome (Canary is billed as the developer/early adopter version and "can be prone to breakage"). This is a step I've been waiting for for a while now, and I'm excited for it to make it to all versions of Chrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment